Monday, May 14, 2007

Vanity Search

Well, after finally doing a vanity search on myself on google, I found out that there is a famous band called the Tim Harrington band that dominates the search results. I looked in to see what kind of band and music it is that they played and was astonished to find out that this man that also has my name is either crazy or just realllly weird. Of the 14,000,000 search results i also found out that there is a Tim Harrington who resigned as the CEO of a company called FOGDOG. Another guy was an animator for a bunch of different movies, and the list goes on and on. But as for my blog, it must be at the bottom of the totem pole because i've been looking through the search results and still have yet to find it. The good thing is that none of the search results seem to be negative, which is something i can be happy about. But other than that, my blog is way at the bottom of the list when it comes to the search.

2 comments:

anasseh said...

wow that is amazing my vanity search only yielded stuff on me. Pretty easy for people to find stuff out but not many people have my last name either.

Tim Harrington said...

Hi Tim,

This is Tim Harrington of the Tim Harrington Band, not to be confused with Tim Harrington of "Les Savy Fav". It was interesting to read your comments regarding your vanity search. And to find so many Tim Harrington's, my astonishment was similar.
However, your post may not be on the bottom of the search as you think, because I found it easily.
Nice to meet you.

Wishing you the best

Tim Harrington (Band)
www.tim-harrington-band.com